Friday, February 19, 2010

Favorite Things Friday Vol. 1 Ed. 4

FLUTING!

That's right! I'm not sure you guys realize just how much I absolutely love my flute. There is nothing in my life that I care about more than my music. It's hard, it's expensive, it's time consuming, it's degrading (at times), it's competitive, it's painful, and yet, I still do it! It's a common fact around the music department that music majors cry at least once a semester when we have our breakdowns. It just happens. It's also a little known fact (to others at least) at how crazy of a course load we have. I am currently taking 18 credits, and yet that still amounts to over 10 classes! Class goes from 8 in the morning til 5 at night, and I have a few night classes every now and then. It doesn't even matter though, because when I get up on that stage (or even in that practice room) and just make beautiful music, it is the most amazing feeling ever! You have no idea the glory that comes out of the realization that I am the one creating that glorious music. I love Music Theory, I love everything about music. Sure, there have been times that I have gotten frustrated, REALLY frustrated, and thought about changing majors. But then I realized, what else would I do? There is nothing else I want to do in my life. I love that Dr. York is my professor now - she rocks so bad, and I don't know what I'd do without her! I now know that with her help I will succeed in this dog eat dog music world! I am starting to teach beginning students now, and I couldn't be more excited! It will be so much fun!

No comments: