Monday, February 8, 2010

Favorite Things Friday - Delayed

Haha - Favorite Things Friday was delayed this week because of this week's favorite thing:

APOSTLES!

We were blessed enough to have Elder Richard G. Scott come to Pocatello this week to speak to the ISU Institute students! Because it's a HUGE deal to have an Apostle in Pocatello (they usually just drive through to Rexburg) I had to go to the institute building STRAIGHT after class so I could make sure I got a good seat. The speech started at 7:30. I got there at 5 and DJ and his brother Jared joined me at 5:30 and, 2 hours before, the entire front part was full. We got seats very near the front of the gym but WOW! It is so powerful to have an entire institute building filled from the chapel, through the gym, back through the lounge area, and even some class rooms had to have overflow! Even though his message was ALL about marriage (we're kinda used to that now) Elder Scott let his personality shine through and we all got to see how great of a sense of humor he had! Really - it was hard to remember I was at a devotional sometimes because I was laughing so hard! He is such a great man and his speech was such a blessing in my life. The spirit was so strong before he even walked into the room and he really helped me remember that my Heavenly Father and the Apostles we have on the earth today love me.

No comments: