Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hooray for first posts!!

So I was actually quite shocked to see the immense amount of my family that uses Blogger, so I decided to keep you all updated as well. In case you didn't know, college completely rocks! ISU is so much fun, the people are amazingly friendly, and the campus is beautiful! Being a music major is a lot harder than I thought, especially since I'm switching to flute performance, I'm practicing hours each day, and music classes aren't exactly a walk in the park, but I'm tough! I love it, actually, it's surprising how much practicing is growing on me! My roommates and I get along great and I'm also getting along with a lot of other people too. My ward beyond rocks! I'm a primary teacher in the ward, haha, the bishop and his counsellors bring his kids, so we have 1-9 kids depending on the week. I miss you alllll and I'm so happy I can keep in touch! I would love to be able to write the older nieces/nephews, or families as a whole, because I do have some sort of time for that. My address is:

Cassie VanderSloot
921 S 8th Ave
Rendezvous Center A306D
Pocatello ID 83209

I feel super loved to get mail, so I think writing me sounds like a great FHE activity for this Monday! And for those of you who aren't facebookers (why wouldn't you be a facebooker?) I'll add a few photos of my college experience thusfar




Me and Brittany (roommate) eating dinner at Turner. Evidently we're twins..


Members of my ward at FHE

Inside of my Building, the wall you see is housing, but the other side is classrooms

My building from the outside, the Rendezvous Center


The view from my bedroom

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hooray for your blog! I'm so excited you started one, now I can keep tabs on all the cool stuff you're doing since I'm one of the outsiders without a facebook account:) I think writing letters would be an awesome FHE activity, we'll be sure to do that this Monday. One thing though, I'm a little concerned about your living conditions...from the picture inside the building it looks like you live in a prison compound...are you sure going to college isn't a front for some trouble you've gotten yourself into? Ha ha! Love you lots Cass! Be sure to post a ton! -Sara